planet friendly bits
ivy and ginger landed from a need of fun and individual jewellery that wouldn’t harm our planet.
it’s super important that our materials and processes create the most amazing jewellery by taking all steps possible to limit any impact to our planet.
- all wood is recycled, sustainable or from responsibly sourced woods
- our paint is water-based, and whilst super durable, it’s toxic free so no nasty chemicals!
- we are continually looking for an all environmentally friendly wood glue, however this unfortunately doesn’t yet exist! however we’ve made sure our glue has no evidence of being found in the environment, and has a base that can actually be degraded by a number of microorganisms if it ever reaches landfill
- our jewellery findings vary in material. Our studs are made from surgical stainless steel, and stainless steel whilst not biodegradable is 100% recyclable as are our other findings
- every part of our packaging is recyclable, and we even reused lots of packing materials if we receive any too
- we only use UK based suppliers to reduce our carbon footprint